Cliff’s Awesome Alfredo Sauce
Servings 6 servings
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter high quality
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups whole milk 1% or 2% can be used if needed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated and at room temperature
- ½ cup Romano cheese grated and at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg ground
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- Parsley to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Do not brown the butter.
- Add the heavy cream in splashes, stirring continuously.
- Add the milk in the same manner.
- Bring to a gentle bubble, then reduce heat to low to bubble. It will continue to thicken as it simmers.
- Slowly stir in the cheese. Taste and season with salt/pepper if desired.