You can go to the store and buy four premade bean patties for $5 or you can just make these super easy baked garbanzo bean patties.
Normally I’m all about my meat, but right now I’m working on getting ready for a half marathon so I’m needing to eat a lot of protein and hopefully lose a little weight along the way. While awesomely tasty, a monstrous double cheeseburger isn’t always great for the diet.
At 7 grams of protein per serving and 170 calories each, these bean patties are a good supplement to my daily diet and a way to cram a little more protein into my diet.
Garbanzo Bean Patties
This is a simple recipe that turns boring Garbanzo beans in to really delicious hamburger patty substitutes.
Servings 12 patties
- 2 Cans Garbanzo Beans
- 0.33 cup Water
- 2 tsp Lemon juice raw
- 2 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Dash Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Oil a sheet pan or use place your non-stick mats
- Drain the Garbanzo beans and chop finely in a food processor
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix
- Portion out evenly onto your sheet pan, then press flat into patties
- Bake for ~12 minutes then turn and bake for about 12 minutes more
If you portion the mix out with a 1/3 cup portioner it will yield 12 medium-sized patties.