The fact is that most nights, I barely have time to cook. This means that one pot meals are essential to my life. This braised boneless chicken thigh recipe fits right in with my goals of eating better but still having time to get my work done.
I typically start the chicken browning and while it is doing that, I prep the onion, potatoes and carrots. By the time I have the chicken browned, everything is ready to throw in the pot.
As easy, one pot chicken dishes go, this one is a hit.
Braised Chicken Thighs with Carrots, Potatoes and Thyme
- Dutch Oven
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound potatoes cut into 2" chunks
- 8 carrots cut into 1½" pieces
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1⅓ cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp Thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Add the oil to the dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat
- Brown the chicken about 2 minutes a side and then remove to a plate
- Add the onion, potatoes and carrots to the pan and cook ~5 minutes until they brown slightly
- Add the flour and toss to coat the vegetables
- Slowly incorporate the broth, white wine, garlic and thyme, stirring, and let come to a boil
- Return the chicken to the pan, stir, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking and serve.