Have some chicken and broccoli and want an easy one-pot dinner? This chicken and broccoli Asian-style recipe is super easy to make and makes for a delicious dinner any night of the week.
This recipe is delicious served over rice, so I start my rice first and while that is cooking, I do all the prep work and measure all the ingredients.
Instant Pot Chicken And Broccoli
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound broccoli cut into bite size pieces
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¾ cup water or beef stock
For Slurry and Garnish
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch for the slurry add 1 tbsp of water and mix it with the corn starch before adding to the sauce – you might need more if your sauce isn’t thick enough.
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds to garnish optional
- To the Instant Pot, add the chicken, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Give it a quick mix.
- Cover with the lid, and make sure that the Instant Pot vent is in sealing position.
- Press on “manual” or “pressure cook”, set on high pressure, and cook for 3 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure, then it will stop cooking and will beep. Quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
To Thicken The Sauce:
- Press on “saute” setting, and add the slurry to the pot. Mix it with the sauce, and the sauce will be thickened. If it’s not thick enough, then add one more tbsp of cornstarch with water mixed together before adding to the pot.
- Stir in the broccoli and cover with the lid to let it "steam" for a couple of minutes.
- Serve over rice, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.