When it comes to easy dinners, pasta is always a great go-to option. This easy Instant Pot ground beef and pasta recipe is a super quick one-pot pasta meal that will fill bellies warm hearts.
I decided to make this Instant Pot pasta recipe on the day after a very long trail running adventure doing the Ragnar Rainier. Lots of miles and a whole lot of hills left me hungry for carbs and protein. Not having a ton of energy to make a fancy meal, this one-pot pasta dish made of staples I had on hand.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Ground Beef Pasta
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons Italian blend seasoning
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound uncooked pasta noodles like shells macaroni, penne, bowties
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes – optional
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Set your pressure cooker to SAUTE. Drizzle with oil, then add the ground beef and saute 4-5 minutes, breaking beef into pieces as it cooks, until browned.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and garlic for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add marinara, water, broth, noodles, onion powder, and red pepper flakes to the pot and give it a good stir.
- Place the lid on the pot and slide it into the locked position and turn the vent valve to the sealed position.
- Set to PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, do a quick release (immediately turn the vent valve to VENT position) and remove the lid once the float valve drops.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese. Once the cheese is melted and incorporated, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish up your pasta, top with parmesan cheese, and serve