If you need a quick and easy recipe that has an Asian flair, then give this recipe a shot.
For ingredients you are looking at a pound of hamburger/ground beef and some rice. The rest you should have in your pantry, even if you are moderately prepared.
The only thing you need to plan for is the cooked rice. Personally I like using my Instapot to cook rice. It takes only about 15 minutes.
Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.